Web Traffic Generation
Web traffic generation simply stated, is driving targeted web traffic to your websites, blogs, landing pages and/or offers.
Basically, there are two schools of thought when it comes to targeted web traffic generation.
On one side are those who refuse to pay for any type of web traffic so they concentrate on free methods to drive visitors to their web properties. The other side, those who think free web traffic is useless and insist that only paid traffic will produce laser targeted traffic. The reality is probably somewhere in the middle.
Free Traffic Generation
- SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. The search terms or keywords typed into search engines and the preferred search engines for their target market.
- Social media marketing is a form of internet marketing that leverages social media networks to attain marketing, lead generation and branding goals.
- Content marketing is the process for creating and distributing relevant, valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – the main objective being to drive profitable customer interactions.
- Forum marketing is the use of internet forums to share your knowledge and expertise on specific subject matter. The goal is to build your authority and online reputation, establishing trust of other members in the hopes they will become clients or customers.
- Social bookmarking uses a centralized online service which enables users to add, annotate, edit, and share bookmarks and web links.
Paid Traffic Generation
- Social media advertising describes forms of online advertising that focus on leveraging social media networks.
- PPC (pay-per-click) is an internet marketing model where advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. You are buying visits to your website, search engine advertising is one of the most popular forms of PPC.
- PPV (pay per view) means that you will pay the advertising network every time your website or advertisement is displayed to a viewer.
- Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email.